
Yes, after 13 weeks and 5 days, Jensen is home! Jeff and Anna just found out today for sure. They were going to go to the hospital at 10pm to start signing him out. I got some last hospital pictures tonight, since it may be awhile before I get more. Jeff and Anna want to be home by themselves for awhile, which is understandable.
Anna was working this evening and Jeff was cleaning up the house (Wanda helped). Speaking of Wanda, she has been a super sitter for Sophia who is a joy. Others have helped by watching Sophia too, which has been a blessing during this trying time for Jeff and Anna.
Now for some medical details. Jensen's PICC line infection is very, very minimal now. He is going home on several medicines all oral. A diuretic, ace inhibitor, beta blocker, two stomach medicines, anti-arrhythmia and aspirin. His heart rate and rhythm is still a little unstable as is his breathing. His oxygen saturation is good though and he has been taking some breast milk by bottle. The rest of his feeding is handled by the g-tube, as well as the medicines which I believe are all liquid form. His scar is healed so wonderfully, it is amazing. Tonight he was the most alert and engaging that I have seen him. Jensen has finished his methodone treatments which were weaning him from the narcotics he took for pain. He weighed 9.5 pounds today.
I know the story is not over; this is the end of the first chapter though. I give all the glory to Jesus for his progress. What percentage was supernatural and natural healing through the doctors and nurses, will never be known this side of heaven. I know some nurses and doctors are regular blog watchers now, so I will take this opportunity to thank you all for a job well done. We thank all of you that prayed for Jensen and his family from the bottom of our hearts. Prayer is one of the corner stones of our faith.
I will continue to keep you updated in the future. For now here are some more pictures...


4 comments:
Praise God!!!!! Truly!! We can't wait to meet you Mr. Jensen.
Love,
Aunt Jenni
Hooray! I'm so glad and happy for him and you all. He looks great. God's blessings on you!
That is wonderful!
I was so emotional reading today's blog and seeing the pictures. We've prayed for this day... and here it is! The Lord is so good - thank You, Jesus, and thanks, Eb for sharing it with us all!!
Post a Comment