Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jensen pulls his own drain tube.

Jensen was moved to his new room on the cardiac floor today. It is a big room all for him; with a big bed too. It has all kinds of room, and comfy furniture. When they end the lock down (soon I imagine) Sophia can stay in this room too. Jensen is way down on the amount of oxygen that he is getting; something like .5 l/m now. They are feeding him a little more each day. He gets happier and smiles more each day too.

Jensen pulled one of his own drain tubes out. The staff was worried that he gave himself a pnuemothorax, but they checked him and he was okay. They pulled the other drain tube and they did get some air in that one, but he is okay. It is funny that Jensen did better at removing the drain than the staff. His pacemaker wires are out too. Just so you don't lose track, he has: one feeding tube, one PICC line, and oxygen in his nose, that's it!

I know there are so many of you that have been praying for Jensen. Ever since he has been born, a certain scripture has just been burning in my heart. It's the one where the disciples after coming across a man born blind asked Jesus why that was. Jesus answered "This happened so the power of God could be seen in him" (John 9:3 NLT). I never want to speak for each of God's plans, but this passage sure speaks to me. I have surely seen the power of God in Jensen's life. I give praise and thanks to "Jesus, who is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Heb 13:8).

No comments: