Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Lord's day update

Wanda and I just got back from Ventura CA, where we were visiting Jennifer, Brent, and the grand boys, Nathanael, and Noah. The hospital doesn't want us to visit until it has been 24 hours since flying. Due to the close confines on a jetliner, people are more likely to catch something. So we are anxious to see Jensen of course. Jeff updated us this evening though.

Jensen had a choking spell due to spitting up. This causes some concern about whether he inhaled some fluid into his lungs, so they did a chest xray. They determined that he didn't, thankfully. His blood oxygen saturation was lower than they liked, so they put him on some oxygen through a nasal cannula again. No word on what is in store this coming week. I suppose on Monday the doctors will assess his progress.

We have been hearing a lot of feedback from people, groups, Sunday School classes, and others who have been praying for Jensen. Our family believes strongly that praying in the name of Jesus is heard by the Lord, and He changes situations and afflictions by his power, for his people. Thanks again for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eb & Wanda ... Glad you made it home safely ! As a grand-parent I'm sure it was hard to be two places at once - Calif. w. the Jennifer & Brent crew ... And, Indiana w. Jeff, Anna, Sophia, and Jensen in particular. I trust that your journey provided a bit of respite from the challenges you guys have been facing over the past several months !!!

Sooo... Today at church - I was eye-to-eye & touching 'Baby Amber'/ 4 mo.s .. The infant I wrote to you about in mid Feb. with a similar heart condition as Jensen's. A tear came down my face ! Then, Amber's grandfather Craig said: "How's the baby in Indiana doing" ? I said: "By the Grace of God .. He's going to make it just like Amber" !!! Then, Grand-pa Craig winked & a tear rolled down his cheek ...

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything though him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:12-13)

Stay Strong .. Keep the Faith .. And, Shalom !!!

Greg & Norene