Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday update

I didn't get anything on the blog yesterday because I crashed my hard drive. I have a couple of new pictures and will upload them soon hopefully. Jensen is stronger day by day. He still has the central line but it is only used intermittently, as he is now being fed via a tube into his stomach. The tube comes out his nose, and his mothers milk is gravity fed. He is getting a little room air pumped in via a nasal cannula, so the two tubes are all he has connected right now. That is an improvement. He does have three wires on his chest that connect to the monitor. Speaking of the monitor, it shows an improvement too. His breathing is a little slower, as well as his heart rate. His heart tracing looks steadier too.

Jensen gets real red, cries and holds his breath sometimes when he is excited. He gets excited when he is changed, moved or dressed. He doesn't do this all the time, just once in a while, and in a minute, he relaxes again. Nothing to worry about, like I said he is getting stronger all the time. That is the goal to get him bigger and stronger. Another first, he sat in a pumpkin seat yesterday too.

We are thankful how far the Lord has taken him. We do continue to pray for the miracle in the right side of Jensen's heart.

No comments: