Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day Two 2/12 am

Good morning, I wanted to send you a quick update before I left the house.Yesterday, God was gracious and Jensen was born, and could breath on his own. He does have Epstein’s Anomaly; they did an echo on him last night. As soon as he was born, they put him on a hormone, which I believe keeps his body thinking he is still in the womb. That is to keep his ductus arteriosus open. The ductus arteriosus is an artery that is only needed in the womb. As soon as a baby starts breathing this starts to close and eventually turns into a ligament like cord. With heart valve problems on the right side of the heart, I understand he needs this to breath on his own. I know this is a little complicated. Sometime last night, he had to be put on a ventilator. This was not too unexpected. I am just thankful that we know his lungs are all right, since he breathed and I even saw him cry some. The heart is the issue. A team of doctors is meeting today to determine the best plan of action; I would assume surgery. They asked Wanda to bring Sophia down this morning to visit them. She can’t go to the intensive care. Please continue your prayers for Jensen, and Anna and Jeff.

No comments: