Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting stronger

I just got the latest update from Jeff. Jensen did have an episode with his breathing last night. They had to "bag" him at one point by hand. Anna was in the room while this was taking place; that is tough to have to watch no doubt. He is much better this morning though. They are changing the IV he has in his naval, and have removed the drain lines from his thorax. They are also cutting back on sedation, and turning down the ventilator, with hopes of getting him off of it as early as today.

They want us to bring Sophia up to see him today. She only got a glimpse of him (through a glass box) on his way to the first surgery on Tuesday. I am sure he is looking much better now. To be honest with you, I had some pictures yesterday of him, while technically very good, I just thought they were too much for some people, so I didn't post them. Jeff said Jensen was even opening his eyes a little bit now. I'll see if I can get a fresh picture today. I can't wait to see his cute face without that ventilator!

No comments: