Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday evening


This latest picture is Jensen after his surgery. He is sleeping like...well a baby. His inner thighs will be sore, they went into his arterial and his veinous system there. Here is just a little more explanation for those who like details. The Prostiglandin is the medicine that is keeping the ductus arterisos open. They wanted to put the stent into that short artery so they could stop the medicine. They stopped the prostiglandin just before surgery. That caused the artery to start shrinking. That is the reason for the long surgery, they wanted the artery to shrink up around a 3.5mm stent. It never did shrink enough in the time they needed.
Jeff and Anna had a hard afternoon of course. They were relieved to hear that he was OK after surgery, and accepted that he will have to have another one. Thanks to the staff at Riley Hospital, they never give up. Thanks for your prayers to our God, who never gives up on us either. Thanks also for your encouragement and positive thoughts and comments.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't wait to rub that cute little head!

Jenn said...

I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. - Jeremiah 29:11

I can't imagine what you guys must be going through. You are constantly on my heart.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey... Eb ! This little guy Jensen IS quite THE 'Hombre' ... His journey thus far is well beyond our own understand -- However, 'We' all remain: "Sure in Hope and Certain of those things we cannot see", (Hebrews 11:1-2). And, Trust 'We' will see a day when all will be 'WELL' !!!

GOD BLESS -- YOU & WANDA

Greg & Norene

SHALOM

Anonymous said...

Jensen is beautiful! You all continue to be in our prayers. God bless you both and Jeff and Anna.

Love from all the Trimmers

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful! Just as I pictured. We are praying for you and I know in my heart he will be ok.

Dawn