Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday evening


Jensen is still stable. He was turned on his belly for the first time this afternoon. It took two nurses to do it because of all the tubing. They tried another picc line this morning without success. Here is a link to explain the picc line. http://picclinenursing.com/picc_why.html He is still off of the ventilator, with a little supplemental oxygen via a nasal cannula. He is scheduled for a procedure Tuesday to put a stent into his ductus arteriosus to hold it open. The medicine Prostiglandin (alprostadil) is currently being used to hold it open. Here is a link to more information on the ductus arteriosus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ductus_arteriosus Jeff and Anna are doing well through all this. Parents are able to be with their babies anytime they want in the nicu.

4 comments:

natalie said...

God bless you for starting this blog. Anna, Jeff, Jensen and Sophia are constantly on my mind and I am (as are so many)praying for God's healing touch for Jensen, His comforting arms to wrap around each of you, and His great wisdom and direction for each doctor, nurse and specialist He sends your way. I praise Him for his goodness always! Please tell Anna I'm thinking of her and to let me know if I can be of help in any way.

In Christ,
Natalie Disman

Nordskog Publishing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bnims said...

Thanks for keeping up updated Eb. Our thoughts & prayers are with you constantly Jensen, Jeff and Anna. May "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
love
-b

Jenn said...

Hi mom and dad. Thanks for starting the blog. I'm constantly thinking and praying for Jensen, Jeff, and Anna. This will help us not to feel so far from them. We love you guys tons.